Why You Need a Mobile Website
What is a Mobile Version of a Website?
A mobile website is a custom version of a website – designed specifically
for display on mobile and tablet devices. Mobile websites can have a custom
homepages, custom content, and custom navigation so they are more relevant and
easy-to-use to mobile users. You also have the option to display a combination
of content – some new content just for mobile users, and some or all content
from your existing website.
Benefits of using a mobile website:
- You can have a custom home page and navigation that links to the most
content you wish to show to mobile users;
- You can have completely different content for mobile users, or maintain
the same content as your regular website.
- Give users the option to switching off your mobile website and viewing
your full website instead
What is a Mobile Responsive Website?
Responsive design is a way of developing a website that is completely
flexible on all devices. The website automatically orientates itself based on
the screen size of the device.
Responsive design uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), which is the most
commonly used technology to style websites, to automatically detect the
resolution of your mobile device, and to adjust the layout to best fit that
Responsive design changes only the visual display of a website which means
it shows the same content as a desktop website.
Responsive design styles can be applied to new or existing websites by
applying a style sheet that only mobile devices can see. It responds
to the size of the device the website is viewed on.
Benefits of using mobile-responsive design:
- No need to create new content. Existing pages and content remain the
same, only the styling changes to make the site appear in a more optimum
- Any updates that then need to be made only have to be implemented on
the main website
- Responsive design can be applied to existing websites – we can develop
a CSS to overwrite the existing styles for mobile/tablet device
- The layout of a website changes according to the size of the screen it
is being viewed on.
Click here to email us to request a Free Consultation.
Please include the best method and time to contact you as well as the URL for your main Website
so we can begin to assess what is be best option for your Mobile Website.